If your child has a special educational need, you need to provide the school with additional information when you apply to enrol them.
Make an appointment with the Deputy Principal to take them through your child’s needs and requirements including:
- your child’s specific diagnosis
- the nature of your child’s special educational needs
- whether your child requires assistance to navigate school grounds
- specialised equipment your child may need
- your child’s personal care and medical needs
- any previous intervention or therapy programs your child has participated in and what the outcomes were.
The strategies you use at home may be of great help to your child’s teacher so be prepared to talk with them about what you are doing at home.
Your child may be eligible to attend an education support centre of school. For more information click on the link below.