I am proud to be the Principal of Caversham Valley PS and have the opportunity to not only lead the talented and dedicated staff who work here, but also the vibrant families of our community.
As a staff and school we believe that diversity, inclusivity and integrity are our strengths as we strive to develop collaborative relationships with our community.
Our values of Excellence; Inclusivity; High Quality Teaching; Strong Community; and Care will enable us to create a safe environment that fosters student engagement, growth and the pursuit of excellence.
Caversham Valley PS is built on Whadjuk Noongar country. This is being reflected partly through the use of names/words/phrases throughout our school, in particular for our buildings and factions.
The following have been used for our buildings:
- School administration Baldja meaning ‘Firmly United’
- Undercover assembly Koorongkoorl Miya meaning ‘Place of coming together’
- Library Kaadadjiny Koornt meaning ‘Place of knowledge’
- Music room Warangka meaning ‘Singing’
- Teaching block 1 Balga which is a ‘Grasstree’
- Teaching block 2 Djaril which is a ‘Jarrah tree’
- Teaching block 3 Wornt which is a ‘Tuart tree’
- Teaching block 4 Kardan which is a ‘Marri tree’
The following have been used for our factions:
- Waalitj which is the Eagle (Gold)
- Kooyar which is the Motor Bike Frog (Green)
- Yoorn which is the Bobtail lizard (Purple/Royal)
- Quenda which is the Southern Brown Bandicoot (Red)
I look forward to getting to know you and your children and working together to make a difference to their education.